- 1 UPSC NDA II Syllabus 2018
- 1.1 National Defence Academy II Notification 2018 – Overview
- 1.2 UPSC NDA Indian Navy Exam Pattern 2018
- 1.3 Free PDF UPSC National Defence Academy II Syllabus 2018
- 1.3.1 Paper I – Mathematics – 300 Marks
- 1.3.2 UPSC NDA II Syllabus 2018 – Paper II(General Ability Test – 600M):
- 1.4 Download UPSC NDA II Syllabus 2018
UPSC NDA II Syllabus 2018
Good News Readers!!! UPSC NDA II Syllabus 2018 has updated here. Eligible applicants who have applied for the UPSC NDA NA Jobs 2018 can check the complete syllabus here. Download Pdf copy for the UPSC NDA NA Syllabus along with the exam pattern 2018. Also, you can check the official website of Union Public Service Commission @ upsc.gov.in for Latest Updates in UPSC NDA Exam Syllabus 2018 and Exam Pattern.
Along with UPSC National Defence Academy Exam Syllabus 2018, UPSC NDA NA Solved Papers are also important for applicants. So aspirants should know exact and precise Syllabus for UPSC NDA II Exam 2018. Latest Govt Job seekers should prepare well for the exam with the referance of J&K Police Department Syllabus 2018. Check complete information about www.jkpolice.gov.in Constable Syllabus 2018 & JK Police Test Pattern 2018.
National Defence Academy II Notification 2018 – Overview
Every Year, The Union Public Service Commission will conduct the NDA Exam two time. The NDA I Examination was held on 22nd April 2018. Now, The officials are going to conduct the UPSC NDA II Notification 2018 on 9th September 2018. So, Applicants should apply online from 6th June 2018 to 2nd July 2018. Furthermore, information had updated in the below sections.
|Name Of Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||NDA II 2018|
|Post Name||Indian Navy, Indian Army, IAF|
|No of Vacancies||383|
|Job Category||Central Government Job|
|Start Date||6th June 2018|
|Last Date||2nd July 2018|
The UPSC Conducts National Defence Academy (NDA) Exams Which Includes Interviews Covering General Aptitude, Psychological Testing, Team-Building Skills Along With Physical And Social Skills And Medical Tests. It’s Not That Easy At All. So, To make your preparation easy, We had provided the UPSC NDA II Syllabus 2018.
|Subject||Code||Exam Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics||1||2 ½ Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||2||2 ½ Hours||600|
Free PDF UPSC National Defence Academy II Syllabus 2018
Paper I – Mathematics – 300 Marks
- Concept of a set,
- operations on sets,
- Venn diagrams.
- De Morgan laws,
- Cartesian product,
- equivalence relation.
- Representation of real numbers on a line.
- Complex numbers—basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity. Binary system of numbers.
- Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa.
- Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions.
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients.
- Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs.
- Permutation and Combination.
- Binomial theorem and its applications.
- Logarithms and their applications.
2. Matrices and Diterminants
- Types of matrices, operations on matrices.
- Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants.
- Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix,
- Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
- Angles and their measures in degrees and radians.
- Trigonometrical ratios.
- Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae.
- Multiple and Sub-multiple angles.
- Inverse trigonometric functions.
- Applications-Height and distance, properties of triangles.
4. Analyticl Geomentry of To and Three Diamonds
- Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system.
- Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms.
- Angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line.
- Equation of a circle in standard and in general form.
- Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola.
- Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points.
- Direction Cosines and direction ratios.
- Equation two points.
- Direction Cosines and direction ratios.
- Equation of a plane and a line in various forms.
- Angle between two lines and angle between two planes.
- Equation of a sphere.
5. Differential Calculas
- Concept of a real valued function–domain, range and graph of a function.
- Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions.
- Notion of limit, Standard limits—examples.
- Continuity of functions—examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions.
- Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative—applications.
- Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect to another function, derivative of a composite function.
- Second order derivatives.
- Increasing and decreasing functions.
- Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
6. Integral Calculas & Differential Equations
- Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions.
- Evaluation of definite integrals—determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves— applications.
- 18 Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples.
- General and particular solution of a differential equations, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types—examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.
7. Vector Algebra
- Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector.
- Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector, scalar product or dot product of two vectors.
- Vector product or cross product of two vectors.
- Applications—work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems.
8. Statistics & Probability
- Statistics: – Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution—examples. Graphical representation—Histogram, Pie Chart, frequency polygon—examples. Measures of Central tendency—Mean, median and mode. Variance and standard deviation—determination and comparison. Correlation and regression.
- Probability: Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events. Definition of probability—classical and statistical— examples. Elementary theorems on probability—simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem—simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
UPSC NDA II Syllabus 2018 – Paper II(General Ability Test – 600M):
Part A: General English
- The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words.
- Grammar and usage,
- comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part ‘B’—General Knowledge:
The question paper on General Knowledge will broadly cover the subjects as follows.
- General Science,
- Social Studies,
- Geography and
- Current Events. – The syllabus given below is designed to indicate the scope of these subjects included in this paper. The topics mentioned are not to be regarded as exhaustive and questions on topics of similar nature not specifically mentioned in the syllabus may also be asked. Candidate’s answers are expected to show their knowledge and intelligent understanding of the subject.
Download UPSC NDA II Syllabus 2018