- 1 Southern Railway Junior Engineer Syllabus 2017
- 1.1 Southern Railway Chennai Notification 2017 Details
- 1.2 SR Chennai Junior Engineer Exam Pattern
- 1.3 Southern Railway Chennai Jr Engineer Exam Syllabus
- 1.4 Download Southern Railway Jr Engineer Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Southern Railway Junior Engineer Syllabus 2017
Download Southern Railway Junior Engineer Syllabus 2017 from here. All the aspirants who are willing to apply for the exam can check the Junior Engineer Syllabus. In this blog, we are providing the SR Junior Engineer Exam Pattern along with Southern Railway Junior Engineer Syllabus. Interested candidates can also check the Southern Railway Chennai JE Syllabus 2017 @ sr.indianrailways.gov.in. With the help of RRB JE Syllabus, Candidates can have an idea about the Technical Subjects and Topics that are to be prepared for the exam.
To crack the examination, Aspirants can verify the RRB Southern Railway JE Syllabus on the next sections of this web page. Download Southern Railway Junior Engineer Syllabus from below links.
Southern Railway Chennai Notification 2017 Details
|Name of the Organization||Southern Railway Department of Chennai|
|Name of the Posts||Junior Engineer (JE) /P.Way and Junior Engineer (JE) /TMO Posts|
|Number of Vacancies||43 Posts|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Job Type||Central Government Jobs|
SR Chennai Junior Engineer Exam Pattern
Without Information about exam pattern and syllabus, Preparation will not become a surety for Selection. Aspirants must know about the complete RRB JE Syllabus and Exam Pattern which is useful for the preparation. One should have an idea about the Exam pattern before appearing for the exam. Here we have tabulated the Southern Railway Chennai Junior Engineer Exam Pattern, have a glance look over it.
|S.No||Exam Type||Topics||No. of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|1.||Objective Type||Reasoning and General Intelligence||60||60||2 hrs|
Southern Railway Chennai Jr Engineer Exam Syllabus
Part A – General Ability
SR JE Syllabus for General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Number Series, syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-decoding
- Word Building, Seating arrangement, Clock, Calendar.
- Similarities and differences, analogy, space visualization / orientation.
- Decision making, visual memory, Direction sense test, Blood relations, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification.
- Arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding, and decoding. Statement conclusion.
RRB Jr Engineer Syllabus for Arithmetic
- Algebra, Interests, Ratio & proportion, percentage
- Time and distance/work, profit & loss
- Pipes & Cisterns, Mensuration, Age problems, Data Interpretation.
Southern Railway JE Syllabus for General Awareness
- Question will be asked from Railway
- Rail Budget, New Technologies & Reform in Indian Railway.
- Indian – History, Polity, Geography, Economy Current affairs, sports etc.
Part B – Technical Ability / General Science
1. RRB JE Civil Engineering Syllabus 2017
- Questions will be based on General Civil Engineering.
- Topics includes Construction/ Structure Engineering and drawing
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation & Building Materials
- Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Structural Analysis
- Concrete Structures, Steel Structures, Hydraulics
- Hydrology, Construction, Water requirements, Highway Planning
- Traffic Engineering, Surveying, Coordinate system
- Projections, Errors and adjustments, curves
- Environmental Engineering, measurements of distance and directions.
2. Southern Railway Syllabus for Junior Engineer Mechanical 2017
- Questions from Strength of Materials
- Theory of Machines, Kinematics of Machine
- Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics, Power Engineering, Steam Tables
- Thermodynamics cycles, I.C. Engines cycles
- Casting, Machining, and Machine Tool Operations
- Metrology and Inspection subjects topics will be asked.
3. Railway JE Syllabus 2017 for Electrical
- Questions will be based on topics of Electrical Machines
- Basics of circuit & Power Electronics.
- They will also include Electrical and Electronic Measurements
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Circuits and Measurement Systems
- Signals and Systems, Electrical Machines
- Power and Control Systems etc.
4. Southern Railway Syllabus Junior Engineer (IT)
- MS Office; Computer fundamentals & organization
- C , C++ & Java language; Information systems
- DBMS; System programming
- Operating systems; UNIX; SAD
- Data & Network communication
- Web technology & programming
- Software Engineering; Environment & Pollution Control.
RRB Chennai Junior Engineer Syllabus
5. Southern Railway JE Syllabus for Electronics Engineering
- Electronic Devices, Energy bands, Signal & Systems
- Wireless Communication
- Carrier transport in silicon: diffusion current
- Drift current, mobility, and resistivity.
- Generation and recombination of carriers.
- Junctions, diodes, tunnel, Analog and Digital Circuits, & Communication
- EMFT, Basics of Signal & Systems, Control System.
6. Railway JE Exam Syllabus Computers Engineering
- Computer fundamentals, MS Office, languages
- Information systems, DBMS
- Operating systems, Software Engineering
- Computer Networks, Database, Algorithms
- Network communication, System programming
- Web technology & programming.
7. Junior Engineer (Printing Press)
- Printing techniques and materials, Offset Printing
- Color science, Newspaper printing
- Paper & Ink technology
- Digital technology & Imaging; Control Application in Printing
- Basic concepts of Computers, Printing surface preparation.
8. Instrumentation & Measurement Engineering
- Basics of Measurement Systems
- Transducers, Circuits, Mechanical Measurement
- Industrial Instrumentation, Analog / Digital Electronics
- Process Instrumentation will be asked.
9. Environment & Pollution Control
- Questions will be asked from topics of Environment
- Pollution, Sources, Control Methods etc.
10. Engineering Drawing / Graphics
- Questions will be asked from basics of Drawing.
Download Southern Railway Jr Engineer Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Click here to download the Syllabus.
Please contact for Government job updates through WhatsApp first save this number as Govrecruitment and ask queries alerts +917842332266.