The SABLA Scheme or Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls (RGSEAG) is a centrally sponsored program of Government of India initiated on April 1, 2011, under Ministry of Women and Child Development. It is one of the policies under Central Government Policies.
- SABLA is a scheme to empower adolescent girls of 11-18 years by improving their nutritional and health status, upgrading various skills like home competencies, life skills, and vocational skills.
- The girls will also be equipped with information on health and family welfare, hygiene and guidance on existing public services.
- The RGSEAG scheme is being implemented in 200 districts across the country on a pilot basis while in the remaining districts Kishori Shakti Yojana (KSY), where operational, will continue as before.
- The scheme is being implemented using the platform of Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) wherein Anganwadi Centres (AWC) would be the focal point for the delivery of services.
Objective of Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls
The goals of the program are:
- Enable the Adolescent girls for self-development & empowerment.
- Improve the nutrition and health status.
- Upgrade home-based skills, life skills & integrate with the National Skill Development Program (NSDP) for vocational skills.
- Mainstream out of adolescent school girls into formal/nonformal education.
- Promote awareness about health, hygiene, nutrition, adolescent reproductive and sexual health (ARSH) and family and child care.
- Provide information/guidance about existing public services such as PHC, CHC, Post Office, Bank, Police Station, etc.
Eligibility criteria for RGSEAG Scheme
RGSEAG Scheme (Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls) would cover adolescent girls in the age group of 11-18 years under all ICDS projects in selected 200 districts in all the States/UTs in the country. To give appropriate attention, the target group would be subdivided into two categories, viz. 11-15 & 15-18 years and interventions planned accordingly.
Sevices under SABLA Scheme:
- Nutrition provision.
- Iron and Folic Acid (IFA) supplementation.
- Nutrition & Health Education (NHE).
- Health check-up and Referral services.
- Counseling or Guidance on family welfare, ARSH, child care practices and home management.
- Life Skill Education and accessing public services.
- Vocational training for girls aged 16 and above under NSDP.
Please contact for Government job updates through WhatsApp first save this number as Govrecruitment and ask queries alerts +917842332266.