Pragati Platform – Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi launched this scheme, today his ambitious multi-purpose and multi-modal platform PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation). PRAGATI is a unique integrating and interactive platform. The platform is aimed at addressing common man’s grievances, and simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programs & projects of the Government of India as well as the projects flagged by State Governments.
Speaking on this occasion, the PM said the whole world is now observing India keenly. It is imperative that governance in India becomes more efficient and responsive. He said the PRAGATI platform was a step in this direction. This is one of the Government Policy.
Some of the Issues Discussed Included:
• Two sets of public grievances of more than 20 people relating to
(a) Payment for the Employees Provident Fund of private sector and
(b) Income Tax refunds; this was noted that all the grievances had been redressed.
Also, the intervention through the PRAGATI is leading to system improvement so that such claims do not arise.
• Two issues flagged by States of Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra, regarding National Highways and clearance for Navi Mumbai airport, respectively.
• Six Central Government projects involving more than a dozen Union Government Ministries and thirteen States. This was noted that various actions and permissions relating to projects were pending for several years. Due to PRAGATI, on several issues, there was definite progress. In fact, some of the issues were almost finally resolved.
Key Features of the PRAGATI application are as follows:
• This is a three-tier system (PMO, Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States);
• Prime Minister will hold a monthly program where he will interact with the Government of India Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries through Videoconferencing enabled by data and geo-informatics visuals;
• The first such program was launched on 25th March 2015 (Wednesday) at 3.30 PM;
• Now onwards, it will be held once in every month on Fourth Wednesday at 3.30 PM-to-be known as PRAGATI Day.
• The issues to be flagged before the PM Modi has picked up from the available database regarding on the Public Grievances, on-going Programmes and pending Projects;
• The system will ride on, strengthen and re-engineer the databases of the CPGRAMS for grievances, Project Monitoring Group (PMG) and the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation. PRAGATI provides an interface and platform for all these three aspects.
• This will also take into consideration various correspondences to PM’s office by the common people or from high dignitaries of States and developers of public projects;
• The issues flagged are uploaded seven days before the PRAGATI day (i.e. on third Wednesday of every month).
• These issues can be viewed by the Union Govt Secretaries and the Chief Secretaries after entering into the application;
• User ID and the Password for each of the Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries have been created and made available;
• Union Government, Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries will be able to see the issues about their Department /State;
• Union Govt Secretaries and the Chief Secretaries have to put their comments and updates them about the flagged issues within three days (i.e. until the next Monday);
• One day – Tuesday which is available to the PMO team to review the data entered by the Union Govt Secretaries and Chief Secretaries;
• The design is such, that when PM reviews the issue, he should have on his screen the issue as well as the latest updates and visuals regarding the same;
Please contact for Government job updates through WhatsApp first save this number as Govrecruitment and ask queries alerts +917842332266.