- 1 OPSC Judicial Service Examination Syllabus 2017
- 1.1 Odisha PSC Judicial Service Notification 2017 Details
- 1.2 Odisha Judicial Service Exam Pattern 2017
- 1.3 Interview
- 1.4 OJSE 2017 Exam Syllabus
- 1.5 Download OPSC Judicial Service Exam Syllabus & Pattern
OPSC Judicial Service Examination Syllabus 2017
OPSC Judicial Service Examination Syllabus 2017 is updated here. Odisha PSC is going to conduct an Orissa Judicial Service examination to recruit the skilled and experienced candidate for Civil Judges. Candidates who have applied for Odisha Judicial Service Examination 2017, OPSC will shortlist them by conducting 3 different rounds. Three parts of OJSE 2017 are Preliminary Written Examination, Main Written Examination, and Interview. To qualify the OJSE 2017, candidates should be capable enough to prepare hard for the Examination.
For the sake of applied aspirants here we are providing the OPSC Judicial Service Examination Syllabus 2017 along with OJSE 2017 Exam Pattern. OPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern will help the job seekers while preparing for the exam. Download OPSC Judicial Service Examination Syllabus 2017 from below links and prepare accordingly.
Odisha PSC Judicial Service Notification 2017 Details
|Name of the Organization||Odisha Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Position||Judicial Service Examination|
|Number of Vacancies||110 Posts|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Job Type||State Government Jobs|
Odisha Judicial Service Exam Pattern 2017
The preliminary written examination shall be of one paper carrying 100 marks with duration of one and half hours with objective type questions of multiple choice (i.e. 100 questions of one mark each with negative marks of twenty-five percent of the marks allotted to a question for every wrong answer) on the following subjects and the OMR answer sheets will be scrutinized by computer
Topics (Objective types Questions)
- Constitution of India
- Code of Civil Procedure
- Code of Criminal Procedure
- Evidence Act
- Indian Penal Code
- Limitation Act
- Transfer of Property Act
- Contract Act
- Law of Succession (Indian Succession Act and Hindu Succession Act)
- Specific Relief Act.
The Commission shall call the eligible candidates for main written examination who have secured not less than 35 (thirty-five) per centum of marks·in case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates and 40 (forty) per centum of marks in case of others in the preliminary written examination.
Main Written Examination
The main written examination shall be in the two compulsory papers and three optional papers that are mentioned below. Each of the compulsory subjects shall carry 150 marks with a duration of two and half hours and each of the optional subjects shall carry 150 marks with a duration of three hours.
|Paper – I General English (150 marks)||Paper – II Procedural Laws (150 marks)|
|(a) Translation and retranslation of ten lines each.
(b) A short Essay about 150 words.
(c) Precise writing consisting of 300 words.
(d) 1 (one) passage of about 500 words with 5 questions.
|(a) The Code of Criminal Procedure,1973
(b) The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
(c) The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
A candidate may choose any of the three subjects among the following
- Law of Crime & Law of Torts (150 marks)
- Personal Law (150 marks)
(a) Hindu Law
(b) Mohammedan Law
- Law of Property (150 marks)
(a) Transfer of Property Act, 1882
(b) Specific Relief Act, 1963
(c) Indian Limitation Act, 1963
- Law of Contract (150 marks)
(a) Indian Contract Act, 1872
(b) Sales of Goods Act, 1930
(c) Partnership Act, 1932
(d) Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881
- Jurisprudence and Constitution of India (150 marks)
The interview will carry 100 marks. Questions to be asked in the interview may not ordinarily be outside the syllabus prescribed for the main written examination. In the interview, questions covering broad National and International issues and matters of common interest in the field of Arts and Science may also be asked.
OJSE 2017 Exam Syllabus
OPSC Judicial Service Examination Syllabus 2017 for General English
- Word Formation.
- Error Correction.
- Theme detection.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Unseen Passages.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Passage Correction.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Sentence Correction.
- Passage Completion.
- Sentence Completion.
- Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Sentence Rearrangement.
OPSC Syllabus 2017 for The Criminal Code of 1973 Subject
Chapter No. II: Constitution of Criminal Courts And Offices Topics
- Metropolitan area
- Court of Session
- Subordination of Assistant Sessions Judges
- Court of Judicial magistrates
- Chief Judicial Magistrate and Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate
- Special Judicial Magistrate
- Local jurisdiction of Judicial Magistrate
OJSE Syllabus 2017 for The Evidence Act, 1872
- Section -I: Short title, extent, and commencement
- Section-II: Repeal of enactment
- Section-III: Interpretation clause
- Section-IV: May presume
- Section-V: Evidence may be given of facts in issue and relevant facts
- Section-VI: Relevancy of facts forming part of the same transaction
- Section-VII: Facts which are the occasion, cause or effect of facts in issue
- Section-VIII: Motivation, preparation and previous or subsequent conduct
- Section-IX: Fact necessary to explain or introduce relevant facts.
- Section-X: Things said or done by conspirator in reference to common design
OPSC Judicial Service Syllabus 2017 for Indian Penal Code, 1860
- Chapter-I: General Explanation
- Chapter-II: Of Punishment
- Chapter-IV: General Exception
- Chapter-V: Of Abetment
- Chapter-V-A: Criminal Conspiracy
- Chapter-VIII: Of Offences relating to the Army, Navy and Air Force
- Chapter- XIV: Of Offences affecting the Public Health, Safety, Convenience, Decency and Moral
- Chapter- XVI: Of Offences affecting the Human Body
- Chapter-XVII: Of Offences Against Property
- Chapter-XVIII: Offences relating to Documents and Property Marks
- Chapter -XX: Of Offences Relating to Marriage
- Chapter-XX-A: Of Offences Relating to Marriage
- Chapter- XXII: Of Defamation
- Chapter- XXIII: Of Criminal intimidation, Insult and Annoyance
Download OPSC Judicial Service Exam Syllabus & Pattern
Click here to download the Syllabus.
Please contact for Government job updates through WhatsApp first save this number as Govrecruitment and ask queries alerts +917842332266.