- 1 OPSC Civil Service Exam 2017 Syllabus
- 1.1 Odisha Civil Services Examination 2017-18 | Brief Details
- 1.2 Odisha Civil Service Prelims & Mains Exam Pattern 2017
- 1.3 Odisha Civil Services Syllabus for Prelims and Mains
- 1.4 Download Odisha PSC Civil Services Syllabus 2017
OPSC Civil Service Exam 2017 Syllabus
Are you planning to start the Odisha Civil Services Examination Preparation??? If yes then we have reached the right place to get the complete OPSC Civil Service Exam 2017 Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Download Odisha Civil Services Civil Service Prelims & Mains Syllabus PDF along with Previous Papers for free of cost. Make exam preparation plan to score top marks in the Prelims and Mains exam. Refer our blog www.govrecruitment.com for Latest Government Jobs Free Alert along with the relevant study material. Have a glance overview of Odisha Civil Services Examination Syllabus from below sections. We have provided the Syllabus for reference purpose only.
Odisha Civil Services Examination 2017-18 | Brief Details
|Name of the Organization||Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)|
|Exam Name||Odisha Civil Services Examination 2017|
|Total Posts||106 Posts|
|Job Category||State Government Jobs|
|Starting Date||30th November 2017|
|Last Date||14th December 2017|
Click Here >>> Latest Odisha Government Jobs 2017-18
Odisha Civil Service Prelims & Mains Exam Pattern 2017
- Preliminary Examination will consist of multiple choice questions
- Each paper shall be of 2 hours.
|Paper||Subject Name||No of Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-I||General Studies||200||2 Hours|
- Mains Examination will contain Papers as given below.
- Each paper carries three hours duration.
- Interview will be conducted for 250 Marks
|Papers||Subject Name||Total Marks|
|Paper-VI, VII, VIII & IX||Any two subjects from the optional subjects||Each Paper 300 Marks|
Odisha Civil Services Syllabus for Prelims and Mains
OPSC Civil Services Prelims Syllabus 2017
- Current event of National and International importance;
- History of India and Indian National Movement.;
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World;
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development sustainable Development, Poverty, inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiative, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change that do not require subject specialization, and
- General Science.
- Interpersonal Skills including communication skills
- Logical Reasoning and Analytic ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- General Mental Ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude) (Class-X level). Data interpretation (Charts, Graphs, Tables, Data Sufficiency etc. — Class-X level); and
- English Language Comprehension Skills (Class-X level).
OPSC Civil Service Exam 2017 Syllabus Mains
Paper I & II
- Comprehension of a given passage
- Precis writing with a passage of around 1000 words
- Translation from English/Odia to Odia/English
- Grammar, usage, and vocabulary
- Short Essay of around 1000 words
- Expansion of an idea
- History of Modern India and Indian Culture
- Geography of India
- Indian Polity
- Current National issues and topics of social relevance
- Legal and environmental issues
- India and the World
- Indian Economy
- International Affairs & Institutions
- Developments in the field of science & technology, communications, and space
- Statistical Analysis, Graphs & Diagrams.
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Fisheries Science
- Home Science
- Indian Language & Literature (anyone) (a) Oriya, (b) Hindi, (c) Sanskrit, (d) English, (e) Persian, (f) Urdu.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science & International Relations
- Public Administration
Download Odisha PSC Civil Services Syllabus 2017
Click on the below link to view the syllabus