- 1 Current Affairs Today 31 January 2017
- 1.1 Daily Current Affairs – National Events
- 1.2 Today Current Affairs Updates – International Events
- 1.3 Current Affairs Today 31 January 2017 – Science and Technology
- 1.4 Daily Current Affairs – Sports Events
Current Affairs Today 31 January 2017
All the candidates who are preparing for Government Jobs need to check Current Affairs on the regular basis. Those Who wants to improve their Knowledge they can read Current Affairs, & GK Questions here. Let we have a glance at Current Affairs Today 31 January 2017.
Daily Current Affairs – National Events
- Karnataka State Government has decided to bring an amendment to the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act (PCA), 1960 for conducting traditional sports of Karbala and bull – cart race in the State.
- India Post has received final payments bank license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). AP Singh has been appointed as the interim Managi9ng Director and CEO of India Post Payment Bank (IPPB).
- Deshpande Foundations is set to launch India’s largest startup incubation center in Hubballi city of Karnataka by the end of September 2017
- Vinod Rai has been appointed as the head of four – member Committee of Administrators to run Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced that his government would set up a task force to create a strategy to help sportspersons prepare for the next three Olympics.
- The 2017 North East Film Festival (NEFF) has started in Pune City.
Warning against spurious schemes being floated in the name of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
The Ministry of Women & Child Development has warned unauthorized sites/organizations/NGOs/individuals that are distributing forms in the name of cash incentive under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme.
- The government has made it clear that the scheme has no provision for individual CASH TRANSFER COMPONENT by Government of India.
Today Current Affairs Updates – International Events
- France’s Iris Mittenaere crowned Miss Universe 2017.
- The annual meeting of SAARC to be held in Kathmandu.
- Geoff Nicholls, Black Sabbath Keyboardist, Dies at 68.
- Award-winning Hollywood film producer and Wimbledon tennis player Ashok Amritraj has been appointed as UN in India Goodwill Ambassador for the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Susan Kiefel was sworn in as Australia’s first female Chief Justice of High Court.
- La La Land wins Producers Guilds top film award.
- Turkey, UK to sign free trade deal post-Brexit: Turkey PM.
Current Affairs Today 31 January 2017 – Science and Technology
Metal conducts electricity but not heat
- Scientists have identified a metal that conducts electricity without conducting heat.
- Researchers at Berkeley Lab and the University of California, Berkeley in the US said electrons in vanadium dioxide could conduct electricity without conducting heat.
- This could lead to a wide range of applications such as thermoelectric systems that convert waste heat from engines and appliances into electricity
Scientists to grow human organs in pigs
- Scientists have grown human cells inside pig embryos, a very early step toward the goal of growing livers and other human organs in animals to transplant into people.
- The cells made up just a tiny part of each embryo, and the embryos were grown for only a few weeks.
- That discovery could help ease the shortage of human donors for transplantation.
Daily Current Affairs – Sports Events
- Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu won her maiden women’s singles crown at the Syed Modi Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament.
- Switzerland’s Roger Federer defeated Spain’s Rafael Nadal to win his 18th Australian Open Grand Slam title.
- Australian Open: Sania Mirza loses in mixed doubles finals