- 1 Current Affairs Today 24 January 2017
- 1.1 National Current Affairs on 24-01-2017
- 1.2 Today’s (24-01-2017) International Current Affairs
- 1.3 Current Affairs Today 24 January 2017 – Sports
- 1.4 Daily Current Affairs Updates – Science and Technology
Current Affairs Today 24 January 2017
Let us have a look at Current Affairs Today 24 January 2017.
National Current Affairs on 24-01-2017
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Serbia for promoting cooperation in the field of Information Technology and Electronics.
- Urdu poet, lyricist Naqsh Lyallpuri aka Jaswant Rai Sharma dead. He was 89.
- Goa world’s 1st to send postal ballots via electronic mode.
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the modern IT building, ‘Jyothirmaya’ at the Infopark in Kochi.
- Kolkata’s Eden Gardens to have stands named after war heroes.
- PepsiCo executive Vishal Kaul appointed as Ola COO.
- 40 tribals to be special guests at Republic Day parade.
Today’s (24-01-2017) International Current Affairs
- China has set up a 100 billion yuan fund to support investment in the internet sector.
- China has commissioned its 31st stealth warship, rapidly expanding its fleet.
- Facial recognition to replace passports at Aus airports.
- South Korea to develop train that travels up to 1,000 kmph.
- Singapore’s first satellite which was launched from the International Space Station (ISS), AOBA VELOX-III, is claimed to stay in orbit for twice as long as similar satellites.
- A project titled ‘City of Trees’ is aimed at planting around 30 lakh trees in Greater Manchester area in England over the next 25 years
Current Affairs Today 24 January 2017 – Sports
- Saina Nehwal lifts Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold.
- Former BCCI president Anurag Thakur has been unanimously elected head of the Himachal Pradesh Olympic Association (HPOA) for a four-year term.
Daily Current Affairs Updates – Science and Technology
ISRO plans to launch 103 satellites on a single rocket
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will set a record when it launches 103 satellites in one go on a single rocket in the first week of February
- The satellites will be separated from the launch vehicle in different directions. The separation angle and time of separation will be such that one satellite will not collide with another
- ISRO’s workhorse PSLV (C37) with 103 satellites will be launched from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh
- In June last year, ISRO launched 20 satellites in one go. It took about 26 minutes to launch all the 20 satellites. In 2008, ISRO launched 10 satellites in a single mission. The highest number of satellites launched in a single mission so far has been 37 by Russia in 2014; NASA launched 29 satellites in one go in 2013.
China builds world’s largest solar farm
- China has reportedly built the world’s largest solar park which can produce about 850 MW of power in Qinghai province.
- The Longyangxia Dam Solar Park occupies 27 square kilometers and has been expanded several times since its construction began in 2013.
- The farm was built at the cost of around $875 million (around Rs.6,000 crore), according to reports.