- 1 Current Affairs Today 23 January 2017
- 1.1 National Current Affairs 23 Jan 2017
- 1.2 23 January Current Affairs Updates – Science and Technology
- 1.3 Current Affairs Today 23 January 2017 – Sports
- 1.4 Current Affairs of the Day 23 January 2017 – Business News
Current Affairs Today 23 January 2017
Welcome to our job portal and check Current Affairs Today 23 January 2017, Daily Current Affairs will help you for your competitive exams preparation.
National Current Affairs 23 Jan 2017
Himachal Pradesh Found Best State in Learning Outcomes by ASER
- According to the 2016 Annual Status of Education Report (ASER), developed by a non-governmental organization, Pratham, Himachal Pradesh was found to be the best-performing state in India on the education front as compared to the rest of the states.
- Himachal Pradesh had the highest reading and mathematics learning levels, As per the report the enrollment rate of students in the age group 6-14 in Himachal Pradesh was 99.8 percent and the state secured first rank in achieving learning outcomes in basic reading and mathematics across the country.
Bihar Forms 11,292 km Human Chain to Eliminate Alcohol
- Bihar formed the world’s largest human chain in the state on January 21, 2017 by holding hands of each other in order to express unity and support towards liquor ban.
- The human chain was about 11,292 km comprising of two crore citizens.
- The 45-minute-long human chain formation was inaugurated at the historic Gandhi Maidan by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar by holding the hand of RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on one side and state Legislative Assembly Speaker Vijay Kumar Chaudhary on the other.
23 January Current Affairs Updates – Science and Technology
TeamIndus proposes nameplate on the Moon for Rs.500
- A Bengaluru start-up TeamIndus proposes nameplate on the Moon for Rs.500.
- Space start-up TeamIndus will get the names of public ‘donors’ micro-engraved on a small-sized aluminium object, which will be placed on the lunar surface when its lander descends on the moon.
Current Affairs Today 23 January 2017 – Sports
Sunish wins ITF Juniors title
- Dhruv Sunish won ITF Juniors title at the Dakshin Kalikata Sansad clay courts.
- The under-18 India number two, who had lost in the finals of the Chandigarh Grade 3 ITF Juniors in the first week of 2017 and 2 ITF Juniors in 2016, played flawlessly to drub the Kazakh 6-2 6-3
Saina Nehwal Lifts 2017 Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold
- Indian badminton ace Saina Nehwal clinched the 2017 Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold women’s single title in the summit clash in Sibu, Malaysia on January 22, 2017.
- The top-seeded London Olympics bronze-medallist, defeated 18-year-old Thai Pornpawee Chochuwong, 22-20 22-20.
2017 Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold winner list
|Men’s Singles||Ng Ka Long(Hong Kong)||Lee Hyun-il(South Korea)|
|Women’s Singles||Saina Nehwal(India)||Pornpawee Chochuwong(Thailand)|
|Men’s Doubles||Berry Angriawan & Hardianto9 Indonesia)||Goh Sze Fei & Nur Izzuddin(Malaysia)|
|Women’s Doubles||Jongkolphan Kititharakul & Rawinda Prajongjai(Thailand)||Poon Lok Yan & Tse Ying Suet(Hong Kong)|
|Mixed Doubles||Tan Kian Meng & Lai Pei Jing9 Malaysia)||Goh Soon Huat & Shevon Jemie Lai(Malaysia)|
Current Affairs of the Day 23 January 2017 – Business News
Apple Named as The Most Innovative Company In The World
- According to the annual 50 Most Innovative Companies survey report distributed by the management consulting firm BCG (Boston Consulting Group), Apple Inc. has been named as the World’s Most Innovative Company in 2016.
- BCG surveyed more than 1,500 senior innovation executives around the globe. Out of the top 50 most innovative companies, 34 are based in the US, 6 in Asia, and 10 in Europe.
- This is the 11th time that the report has been revised since it first appeared in the year 2004.
Top 5 Innovative Companies
- Tesla Motors