- 1 Current Affairs Today 21 January 2017
- 1.1 National Current Affairs
- 1.2 Current Affairs Today 21 January 2017 – Sports
- 1.3 Today News – International
- 1.4 Current Affairs Today – Science and Technology
Current Affairs Today 21 January 2017
Let us have an insight of Current Affairs Today 21 January 2017 and Today Important News.
National Current Affairs
India’s biggest ship INS Vikramaditya gets ATM
- Indian Navy’s biggest aircraft carrier, INS Vikramaditya gets an ATM onboard. State Bank of India will launch the ATM facility onboard premier warship in Karwar, Karnataka.
- This was made possible after the Navy approached SBI, the country’s largest bank. The cash dispensing machine will operate via a satellite communication link, and the facility would be inaugurated on Saturday in Karwar.INS Vikramaditya is based in Karwar, and the jetty is located quite far away from the town. The topography of the area is such that traveling either from the jetty to the town or from the sailors’ colony to the town can be an arduous task.
ISKCON’s Govardhan eco-village bags UN award
- ISKCON’s Govardhan eco-village at nearby Wada taluka in Thane district has been bestowing the United Nations award for taking innovative measures of ’sustainable tourism’ in the country.
- This is for the first time India has won such recognition from the UN in the NGO sector, an ISKCON release said on Friday.
- The award was presented at the annual United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Tourism at Madrid in Spain
President Mukherjee inaugurated 28th Dantan Gramin Mela in West Bengal
- President Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate the 28th Dantan Gramin Mela in West Midnapore district in West Bengal in a few hours time.
- He is on a four-day visit to West Bengal. The fair will display the rural handicraft skills of the people of the region.
Current Affairs Today 21 January 2017 – Sports
Punjab Royals wins Pro Wrestling League 2017
- Riding on Pankaj Rana and Nirmala Devi’s brilliant show, Punjab Royals made the finals of the Pro Wrestling League Season 2 after beating defending champions Mumbai Marathi 5-4 in the second semifinal in New Delhi.
- Haryana Hammers, who were beaten to the title in the final of the inaugural edition by the now renamed Mumbai Garudas, saw the trophy slip narrowly from their grasp for the second year in succession.
Today News – International
Shri Kalraj Mishra Inaugurates Workshop on MSME Cooperation among IORA
- Union Minister of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Shri Kalraj Mishra inaugurated a Workshop on MSME Cooperation amongst Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Member countries on January 19, 2017, in New Delhi
- The workshop was participated by 23 representatives from 13 member countries, including Mozambique, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Comoros, Kenya, Seychelles, Malaysia, Mauritius, Singapore, Australia, UAE, and Yemen.
Adama Barrow sworn in as Gambia’s president in Senegal
- Mr Barrow was sworn in as President in exile on Thursday afternoon, in the country’s embassy in neighboring Senegal, while incumbent Yahya Jammeh continues to cling on to power.
- Mr. Barrow’s inauguration ceremony was held in a small conference room at the Dakar embassy and attended by dignitaries including the President of the Commission from the Economic Community of West African States (Ecowas).
Current Affairs Today – Science and Technology
Physicists have created a new form of hydrogen
- Physicists from Austria have created the new form of Hydrogen i.e. negatively charged hydrogen clusters, and It is a previously unseen form of hydrogen.
- For the former forty years, the occurrence of hydrogen in ion clusters was known and is positively charged clusters have already existed.