Current Affairs Today, Current Affairs 18 January 2018: and only the best you can find on the internet are on this page, right here! Aspirants who are looking for Current Affairs 18 January 2018 can check the sections below. It’s essential to know Daily Current Affairs for any age group. In this article, you can find national, international, business, sports-related Current Affairs which will help you to increase your knowledge.
If you are planning for any Government Jobs, competitive exam or an interview preparation, you have to know Latest Current Affairs. Individuals keep visiting our website www.govrecruitment.com for more High Standard Current Affairs. Aspirants can also practice daily GK quiz on our site to test their talent.
Current Affairs 18 January 2018 – Today’s Current Affairs
Current Affairs: National
- ISRO released the first picture taken by its Cartosat-2 series satellite which was launched on January 12 from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. The photograph shows a part of Indore, Madhya Pradesh with the Holkar Cricket Stadium in the centre.
- The National Investigation Agency and Uttar Pradesh Police in a joint raid around ₹100 crore from an under-construction house in Kanpur. ₹100 crore is full of ₹1,000 and ₹500 notes are which were banned on November 2016. As per investigating agency reports the money belongs to four-five individuals or companies. They hid this money with an intention of converting it into legal currency.
- Union Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi said that, at least twice a week, students should be taught religious texts, including the Gita, Quran, and Bible.
- President Ram Nath Kovind said that number of seats available in medical colleges in the country was “highly inadequate” and also said 67,000 seats were available for 1.3 billion people.
- The Supreme Court slammed a CBI-constituted Special Investigating Team not listing the required number of FIRs while investigating alleged extrajudicial killings and fake encounters in Manipur.
- The Maharashtra government is planning to link Aadhaar card with PDS. The government estimated that the move will help save around ₹800 crore.
Current Affairs: International
- China builds a 330-foot tall air purifying tower which is the “world’s biggest air purifier”.
- Japan’s public broadcaster NHK falsely sent a fake text signal to its citizens that North Korea has launched a ballistic missile towards the country and take shelter inside buildings or underground.
- Pakistan’s Defence Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan said that the US is trying to convince them that India is not its threat.
- US President Donald Trump awarded a ‘Medal of Bravery’ by the residents of Afghanistan’s Logar region for his stance against Pakistan.
Current Affairs: Sports & Entertainment
- The producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali moved to Supreme Court today challenging the ban on ‘Padmaavat’ in Rajasthan, Gujarat, and Haryana. Chief Justice Dipak Misra is to hear the petition on Thursday.
- 37-year-old, Brazilian legend and 2002 World Cup winner Ronaldinho, who is well known for dribbling skills, and his creativity, announced his retirement from football.
- Actress Taapsee Pannu said that she believes in box-office collections above everything else. She added, “The film may get four or five stars or even one star, but nothing really matters in front of the box-office collection.”
- Actor Prakash Raj has claimed that BJP workers are on twitter. He tweeted: BJP workers used cow urine to ‘clean and purify’ the stage after he delivered a speech in Karnataka’s Sirsi. He added, “Will you continue this cleaning and purification service where ever I go?”.
BJP workers cleaning and purifying the stage ..from where I spoke in Sirsi town …by sprinkling cow urine (divine gomoothra)…🤭🤭🤭…will you continue this cleaning and purification service where ever I go….. #justasking pic.twitter.com/zG1hKF8P4r
— Prakash Raj (@prakashraaj) January 16, 2018
Current Affairs: Bussiness
- Tourism Minister KJ Alphons said India got around ₹1,75,000 crore from foreign tourist arrivals in 2017.
- Yoga guru-turned-businessman Ramdev said Patanjali has no plans to enter into partnerships with any international company and they don’t support the idea of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
- Inflation based on the Wholesale Price Index (WPI) reduced to 3.58% in December from 3.93% due to lower food inflation.
- Video sharing platform YouTube announced that it will require YouTubers to have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of annual viewing time to monetize their videos.
These are the Top Current Affairs 18 January 2018. Candidates who are interested to know Today’s Current Affairs. For monthly and yearly Current Affairs you can check our website. You can also check 2018 Current Affairs on our website www.govrecruitment.com. You can get more and more Current Affairs on a regular basis.