Current Affairs Today and only the best you can find on the internet are on this page, right here! Aspirants who are looking for Current Affairs 17 January 2018 can check the sections below. It’s essential to know Daily Current Affairs for any age group. In this article, you can find national, international, business, sports-related Current Affairs which will help you to increase your knowledge.
If you are planning for any Government Jobs, competitive exam or an interview preparation, you have to know Latest Current Affairs. Individuals keep visiting our website www.govrecruitment.com for more High Standard Current Affairs. Aspirants can also practice daily GK quiz on our site to test their talent.
Current Affairs 17 January 2018 – Today’s Current Affairs
Current Affairs: National
- Army Chief General Bipin Rawat announced that Army is going to launch a new Aadhaar-based mobile application developed for soldiers to report their grievances.
- Attorney General KK Venugopal said that the allegations made on Chief Justice Dipak Misra by four senior SC judges remained unsolved.
- Punjab Tourism Minister Navjot Singh Sidhu has said that he wrote to PM Narendra Modi asking ₹100 crore to renovate Jallianwala Bagh for modern amenities, landscaping, and “an ambiance that gives a world-class impression to this supreme place of sacrifice”.
- The Centre to launch ‘Operation Digital Board’. This board will help students to view diagrams and presentations through digital tools.
- The Supreme Court warns Centre that if the Centre does not take any action towards the banning of Khap Panchayats, then the SC will have to step in.
Current Affairs: International
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said a rocket landed in the premises of the Indian embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan. And this explosion caused minor damages to the building, the MEA confirms that embassy staff was safe.
- Over 1,000 Danish teenagers have been accused of child pornography offenses for giving a sex video involving two 15-year-olds on Facebook Messenger.
- The Japanese city of Gamagori broadcasted emergency warnings to prevent people from eating locally purchased blowfish fugu after a supermarket sold five packages of it without removing its poisonous liver.
- Uber is going to hire its first female drivers in Saudi Arabia after lifting of a driving ban on women. Uber also plans to open “one-stop-shop” facilities for recruitment. A Saudi Public Transport Authority (PTA) spokesperson said that female drivers would be under the same rules and regulations as their male counterparts.
Current Affairs: Sports & Entertainment
- 20 years old American gymnast Simone Biles, who won four gold medals at Rio Olympics on Monday tweeted that she was sexually abused by former USA Gymnastics team physician Larry Nassar.
- After slamming his 21st Test hundred against South Africa, India captain Virat Kohli became the fastest batsman to reach 53 international hundreds and he equaled cricket legend Don Bradman’s record of most 150+ scores.
- Indian wicketkeeper Dinesh Karthik is back after 8 years, will replace injured keeper Wriddhiman Saha.
- Hindi ‘Bigg Boss 11’ winner is TV actress Shilpa Shinde.
Current Affairs: Bussiness
- Hackers from online wallet application BlackWallet, stole more than $400,000 (₹2.5 crore) worth cryptocurrency Stellar Lumens.
- Diesel price reached a record high of ₹61.74 per liter in Delhi on Monday as international oil prices remain to increase. Petrol price increased to ₹71.18 per liter, it is the highest since August 15, 2014.
These are the Top Current Affairs 17 January 2018. You can also check 2018 Current Affairs on our website www.govrecruitment.com. You can get more and more Current Affairs on a regular basis.