Waiting to read Current Affairs Today? Today’s Current Affairs are given here. The Latest Current Affairs updates, सामान्य ज्ञान now available at Gov Recruitment page, where you can find Latest Sarkari Naukri Notifications as well. This post is written with the aim of providing you सामयिकी Current Affairs 13 January 2018 and Today’s Current Affairs.
Most of you frequent our site to read Current Affairs Daily and to take Quiz on GK Today. It’s important to know Daily Current Affairs for any age group. In this article, you can find national, international, business, sports-related Current Affairs 2018 which will help you increase your knowledge.
Current Affairs Today – Current Affairs 13 January 2018
Current Affairs: National
- On Friday, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched its 100th satellite from Sriharikota spaceport in Andhra Pradesh. They also sent 30 more satellites along with this.
- For the first time, women BSF bikers are going to be a part of Republic Day celebrations. 25 to 30 years old women will start contingent, named ‘Seema Bhavani’.
- On Wednesday, 17 years after the attack, police arrested mistrusted Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) operative Bilal Ahmad Kawa for his alleged involvement in the Red Fort terror attack.
- To participate in the bull-taming sport Jallikattu, Aadhaar registration is mandatory for bull tamers as announced by Madurai district administration.
- The UIDAI has extended the permission to Airtel network for using Aadhaar for re-verification of mobile numbers from 10th January to 31st March.
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis and Union Minister Nitin Gadkari laid an International Cruise Terminal (ICT) foundation stone in Mumbai.
- In Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s home constituency, UP government is going to organize a three-day annual fest, Gorakhpur Mahotsav.
- The Finance Ministry said that the Income Tax Department added more than 900 Benami properties worth over ₹3,500 crore.
Current Affairs: International
- The Sri Lankan government allowed women to buy alcohol for the first time in 60 years.
- South Australian government is going to build a 150-megawatt plant which is worth over ₹3,200 crore. It is also the world’s largest power plant.
- US State Department advised citizens that Russia is one of the most dangerous countries to visit in 2018.
- On Thursday, Saudi Arabia’s private company opened the Kingdom’s first car showroom exclusively for women and the staff is also women.
Current Affairs: Sports and Entertainment
- Roshan Lal Thakur, India’s first international skiing medalist Aanchal Thakur’s father, taught paragliding to Prime Minister Narendra Modi 20 years back.
- Hyderabad lost a T20 match against Karnataka by officials adding two runs to Karnataka.
- South African pacer Kagiso Rabada became the top-ranked bowler in Test cricket. He is the youngest bowler ever to top the ICC Test rankings for bowlers.
Current Affairs: Business
- US-based software major IBM appointed James Kavanaugh as its new Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- 32 publicly traded firm’s share prices have risen 218,000% over the past two years. These companies use “blockchain” or “crypto” to describe what they do.
- Bengaluru-based mobile payments technology startup ‘ToneTag’ founded by Kumar Abhishek and Vivek Kumar Singh in 2014 has raised ₹8.5 crore from an overseas investor.
These are the Top Current Affairs 13 January 2018. We write Government Job Notifications, Previous Papers, Admit Cards, Exam Results, Government Exam Syllabus with equal dedication at www.govrecruitment.com.