Waiting to read Current Affairs Today? Today’s Current Affairs are given here. The Latest Current Affairs updates, सामान्य ज्ञान now available at Gov Recruitment page, where you can find Latest Sarkari Naukri Notifications as well. This post is written with the aim of providing you सामयिकी Current Affairs 12 January 2018 and Today’s Current Affairs.
Most of you frequent our site to read Current Affairs Daily and to take Quiz on GK Today. It’s important to know Daily Current Affairs for any age group. In this article, you can find national, international, business, sports-related Current Affairs 2018 which will help you increase your knowledge.
Current Affairs Today – Current Affairs 12 January 2018
Current Affairs: National
- Scientist Sivan K, who completed his PhD in Aerospace engineering in 2006 from IIT Bombay, is appointed as new chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- ICSE 10th Class exams will be held from 26th February to 28th March and ISC 12th Class exams are to be held between 7th February and 2nd April.
- UIDAI announced a ‘Virtual ID’ and ‘Know Your Customer (KYC)’ service to improve privacy.
- As per Greenpeace organization reports, 55 out of 77 coal-fired power plants in Maharashtra are flouting pollution norms. Less number of power plants are co-operating with Environmental Ministry to reduce air pollution.
- 250 Crore coins lay at the minting press as RBI is yet to collect these from storehouses. The minting is temporarily halted.
Current Affairs: International
- The US warned its citizens against traveling to Jammu & Kashmir state in India.
- Theresa May’s government in the UK announced Rishi Sunak, the son- in- law of Infosys’s founder Narayana Murthy as the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State in its Ministry of Housing.
Current Affairs: Sports and Entertainment
- As per the Censor Board suggestions, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s film ‘Padmavati’ is officially renamed as ‘Padmaavat’ and some other modifications are made in the film.
- 47-year-old Bollywood actor R Madhavan is qualified for the Mercedes Trophy golf national finals tournament by winning the first round of Mumbai leg with a net score of 69.6 on Wednesday.
- For the first time, India bags a bronze medal in skiing. 21-year-old Aanchal Thakur won this medal at the Alpine Ejder 3200 Cup in Erzurum, Turkey.
- ‘Aisi Deewangi…Dekhi Nahi Kahi’ lead actors, Jyoti Sharma and Pranav Misshra quit the show and registered a case on producer stating they were forced to work 18 hours daily without food and water.
Current Affairs: Business
- Jeff Bezos, the World’s richest person right now, the CEO of Amazon, added $32.6 billion to his bank account in 2017.
- On Wednesday, Union cabinet allowed 100% FDI in single-brand retail via automatic route. Earlier foreign brands had to partner with local brands but now they can easily own their Indian stores. Cabinet allows 49% FDI in Air India.
- Dell is taking gold from used motherboards and preparing jewelry out of it.
- The Income Tax Department said that people who make benami transactions should be in custody for 7 years and should pay a fine of 25% from their benami property value.
These are the Top Current Affairs 12 January 2018. We write Government Job Notifications, Previous Papers, Admit Cards, Exam Results, Government Exam Syllabus with equal dedication at www.govrecruitment.com.