Hi All!!! Receive Daily Current Affairs Updates from Govrecruitment page. We have a great pleasure to provide you the 4th October 2018 Current Affairs in English/Hindi, which is especially useful for the candidates who are appearing for Competitive Exam. Also, Get Daily GK Question and Answers from our page. Be the first to know all the current happenings, 4th October 2018 top news, major issues, Important news national level as well as international level. Bookmark our page to receive all the current affairs and latest government job updates.
- 1 4th October 2018 Current Affairs
- 1.1 World Current Affairs – Top 5 4th October 2018 Current Affairs
- 1.2 Practice 4th October 2018 Current Affairs Questions For Bank Exams
4th October 2018 Current Affairs
Are you looking for Today Current Affairs PDF? If Yes, Here is fantastic news for you. We had updated the 4th October 2018 Current Affairs. Contenders who are preparing for any competitive exam of any state level must have the command over the current daily affairs. If not, They are unable to crack the competitive examination. Make use of Today’s Current Affairs 2018 Updates and Quiz Questions while preparing for the tests like UPSC, SSC, LIC AAO, RBI Grade ‘B’ & Assistants, NABARD Grade A & B, etc.
World Current Affairs – Top 5 4th October 2018 Current Affairs
Mahatma Gandhi awarded the US Congressional Gold Medal
- It is the highest civilian honor given by the US Congress very few foreigners have received this award.
- The resolution is co-sponsored by four Indian American lawmakers Ami Bera, Raja Krishnamoorthi, Ro Khanna and Pramila Jayapal.
- Tulsi Gabbard is the current co-chair of the House Congressional Caucus on India and Indian Americans and also one of the co-sponsors of the resolution.
- And, Out of the 6 US lawmakers, four were Indian Americans.
India’s first flood forecast system
- Kolkata has launched India’s first flood forecast system (flood forecasting and early warning system – FFEWS)
- With the technical assistance of a $1 million from Asian Development Bank.
Odisha Government Launched Own Food Security Scheme
- On the Occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi, Odisha Government has launched their Own Food Security Scheme.
- Mr. Navven Patnayak, Chief Minister had launched the Scheme in four different districts through video conferencing.
- The scheme will benefit 25 lakh people who were left out of the National Food Security Act (NFSA). The beneficiaries will get 5 kg of rice per person per month at the rate of Rs.1 per kg.
- Odisha Government will spend Rs.443.5 crore per annum to support the scheme and Rs. 221.75 crore in the current financial year.
Three scientists, laser pioneers, won Nobel Physics prize
- Arthur Ashkin of the U.S., Gerard Mourou of France and Donna Strickland of Canada, won the Nobel Physics Prize.
- The Prize is for inventing the optical lasers that have paved the way for advanced precision instruments used in corrective eye surgery.
- Arthur Ashkin won one half of the 9 million Swedish kronor (about $1.01 million) prize.
- While Gerard Mourou of France and Donna Strickland of Canada shared the other half.
Rangachari Sridharan appointed as Chairperson of NRFA
- The former IAS officer Rangachari Sridharan as chairperson of the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA), an entity which will function as an independent regulator for the auditing profession.
- He is a retired 1983 batch IAS officer of the Karnataka cadre.
Practice 4th October 2018 Current Affairs Questions For Bank Exams
4th India International Science Festival
- The 4th edition of India International Science Festival will be inaugurated by President of India in Lucknow on October 6, 2018.
- Science & Technology Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan said that IISF 2018 is a tribute to former PM Late Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- IISF is the biggest platform to bring together students, researchers to celebrate India’s achievements in science and technology.
Gita Gopinath appointed IMF Chief Economist
- India-born economist, Gita Gopinath has appointed chief economist of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- She will succeed Maurice Obstfeld, who announced his retirement in July.
- And, She is the second Indian economist to appointed as IMF chief economist after Raghuram Rajan.
- She currently serves as professor of International Studies and Economics at Harvard University.