- 1 4th April 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.1 Today News Highlights – 4th April 2017
- 1.2 4th April 2017 Current Affairs – International News
- 1.2.1 Vipul took up the charge as the new Consul General of Dubai
- 1.2.2 Singapore blocks visas for Indian IT professionals
- 1.2.3 World-first transplant – Japanese man is first to receive ‘reprogrammed’ stem cells from another person
- 1.2.4 US President Trump proclaims April as ‘National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month
- 1.2.5 San Francisco International Film Fest to Honor Shah Rukh Khan
- 1.3 National Updates – Latest 4th April 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.4 4th April 2017 Current Affairs – Business Today
- 1.5 Daily Sports Updates – 4th April 2017 Current Affairs
4th April 2017 Current Affairs
Latest 4th April 2017 Current Affairs are available here. Candidates who are interested in preparing for the Govt jobs like SSC, Railways, UPSC, Bank Exams must be thorough with the recent happenings all over the world. Here in this article, we have given you the genuine information about the 4th April 2017 Current Affairs. Individuals can also check the Daily Current Affairs and GK Quiz from this page.
Today News Highlights – 4th April 2017
- Colombia: 250 people died, 100 missing after heavy rain flooded Mocoa.
- PM Narendra Modi to dedicate to nation India’s longest road tunnel on JammuSrinagar
- Govt plans to change security features of bank notes every 34 years.
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina calls for united fight against terrorism.
- Five State Banks, Bharatiya Mahila Bank merge with SBI.
- Oracle looking to acquire Accenture: Reports
- India Open Series: PV Sindhu to take on Carolina Marin in summit clash
4th April 2017 Current Affairs – International News
Vipul took up the charge as the new Consul General of Dubai
Diplomat Vipul, a 1998 batch Indian Foreign Service officer, took up the charge as the new Consul General of Dubai. Mr. Vipul has succeeded Anurag Bhushan. Before joining the Consulate at Dubai, he was working in the office of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
Singapore blocks visas for Indian IT professionals
While the focus has been on the US, visas for IT professionals to work in Singapore have dropped “to a trickle,” prompting the government to put on hold the review of the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA) citing the violation of the trade pact.
World-first transplant – Japanese man is first to receive ‘reprogrammed’ stem cells from another person
A Japanese man has become the first recipient of donated, reprogrammed stem cells as a treatment for macular degeneration. A Japanese man in his 60s became the first person to receive cells derived from induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells that had been donated by someone else.
US President Trump proclaims April as ‘National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month
US President Donald Trump proclaimed April as National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month, following in the footsteps of his presidential predecessor President Barack Obama.
San Francisco International Film Fest to Honor Shah Rukh Khan
Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan will be honored at the 60th San Francisco International Film Festival (SFILM) on April 14 at the Castro Theater.
National Updates – Latest 4th April 2017 Current Affairs
LV Revanth is the winner of Indian Idol 9
An established name in Telugu and Kannada films, Hyderabad-based singer LV Revanth has bagged the title of singing reality series, Indian Idol 9 after leaving behind Khuda Baksh (first runner-up) and PVNS Rohit (second runner-up) in the competition.
‘Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana’ launched in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh
“Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana”, a ‘Scheme for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices for Senior citizens belonging to BPL category’ launched in District Nellore, Andhra Pradesh.
AP Chief Minister bags US-India Biz Council award
Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has selected for another prestigious award. The US-India Business Council selected the CM for the award of ‘Transformative Chief Minister, ’ and Naidu would be receiving the coveted award at second annual West Coast summit which is to be held in California on May 8.
4th April 2017 Current Affairs – Business Today
Govt launched ‘PowerTex India’ – a scheme for power loom sector development
The Government has launched PowerTex India, a comprehensive scheme for power loom sector development, simultaneously at over 45 locations in the country.
2nd Annual meeting of New development bank held in New Delhi
The three-day Annual Meeting of NDB held from 31st March to 2nd April 2017 in Delhi. The Opening Ceremony of the NDB Second Annual Meeting held at Taj Palace Hotel on 1 April 2017.
Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched the ‘811 banking app’ to double its customer
Indian financial services conglomerate, Kotak Mahindra Bank announced the launch of 811, a full-service digital banking ecosystem on mobile. 811 offers a completely digital and paperless account opening experience across nearly 700 locations in India.
Daily Sports Updates – 4th April 2017 Current Affairs
Sindhu lifts India Open badminton title 2017
- Olympic silver-medallist P.V. Sindhu defeated Carolina Marin in straight sets 21-19, 21-16 in 47 minutes at the India Open badminton championship in New Delhi.
- 21-year-old Ace Indian Shuttler PV Sindhu will take on Olympic champion Carolina Marin at the Siri Fort Indoor Stadium in New Delhi.
Roger Federer Downs Rafael Nadal To Win Miami Open
Roger Federer outclassed long-standing rival Rafael Nadal to win the Miami Open on Sunday and continued his remarkable comeback run in 2017. 18-Grand Slam champion ousted the Spaniard in straight sets 6-3, 6-4 to win the third Miami Open title.
Harmanpreet Kaur named Aus T20 team’s Player of the Year
- India’s women’s T20I team captain Harmanpreet Kaur named Player of the Year by Australia’s Women’s Big Bash League team Sydney Thunder.
- Harmanpreet earlier had become the first Indian cricketer to play in Australia’s Big Bash League.
Kenya’s Jepkosgei smashes three world records at Prague Half Marathon
Kenya’s Joyciline Jepkosgei has broken the world half marathon record as well as the 10km and 15km marks at the Prague Half Marathon. On the way to winning the IAAF Gold Label Road Race in one hour, four minutes and 52 seconds.