14th June 2017 Current Affairs
14th June 2017 Current Affairs updates are provided here based on today’s news happened around the world. Check Daily Current Affairs Updates on our website. Practice Today 14th June 2017 GK Questions and Answers Quiz to gain your Knowledge.
Check the 14th June 2017 Current Affairs Quiz Questions and Answers below & Practice to get knowledge on National & International Current Affairs News.
14th June Current Affairs News 2017 – GK Today
Panama agrees on Diplomatic ties with China and breaks away with Taiwan
- Panama established formal diplomatic ties with China and broke all of its relationship with Taiwan.
- Panama’s President Juan Carlos Varela announced that his country upgraded its commercial ties with China and has established full diplomatic links with China.
- It recognizes ‘One China’ in the world and considers Taiwan to be an inalienable part of China’s territory.
Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar Make It to Forbes World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities List
- Popular Bollywood actors Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar are among the ‘World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities’ list.
- Salman Khan at the 71st spot with $37 million earned in 2016-2017.
- Akshay Kumar is at 80th position with $35.5 million.
Top three names in the list are-
- Sean Combs with the pay of $130 Million (Musicians),
- Beyonce Knowles with the pay of $105 Million (Musicians),
- J.K. Rowling with the pay of $95 Million (Authors).
14th June 2017 General Knowledge Quiz – Latest Current Affairs
Vietnam GM Nguyen won Mumbai Mayor Chess Title
- Vietnam Grand Master Nguyen DucHoa won 10th Mumbai Mayor’s Cup International Open Chess Tournament.
- He defeated Indian GM Neelotpal Das.
- The prize money is Rs 3 lakhs, while top-ranked Tajikistan GM Farrukh Amonatov (ELO 2635) got a cheque of Rs 2 lakhs.
Indian Railways to induct 40,000 redecorated coaches by 2023, earmarks Rs 8,000 crores
- The Indian Railways is planning to induct about 40,000 coaches by 2023.
- Railways also expect to manufacture 15,000 new coaches with modern features during 2018 -19 and 2022 -23 periods.
- The work plan started of 1000 coaches in the current financial year the number will increase to 3000 in the next fiscal and 5,500 coaches in subsequent years.
General Knowledge Questions & Answers – 14th June 2017 Current Affairs
World’s largest floating Solar Farm launched in China
- China launched world’s largest floating solar farm in Anhui province.
- The 40-megawatts power plant has 160,000 panels resting on a lake.
- China has been the world’s largest investor in clean energy since 2012, spending $88 billion on the wind and solar power in 2016.
- Sungrow Power Supply builds the plant in Huainan City, Anhui Province,
Today – International Albinism Awareness Day
- On 18 December 2014, the General Assembly adopted a resolution proclaiming, with effect from 2015, 13 June as International Albinism Awareness Day.
- Albinism is a genetic condition resulting in little or no pigmentation in the hair, skin, and eyes.
- The United Nations Human Rights Council adopted a resolution in 2013 calling for the prevention of attacks and discrimination against persons with albinism.
Daily GK Updates – Practice 14-06-2017 Current Affairs Quiz
Jitu Rai-Heena Sidhu won gold in ISSF World Cup
- Indian shooters Jitu Rai &Heena Sidhu won the gold medal in mixed team 10m air pistol event of the (ISSF) Indian shooters Jitu Rai &Heena Sidhu won the gold medal in mixed team 10m air pistol event of the International Shooting Sports Federation World Cup held at Gabala, Azerbaijan.
- China won six medals, including three gold.
- France beat Iran to win the bronze in the event.
- There are 430 athletes from 45 countries participated in the whole event.
Bihar’s ‘Project Jal Sanchay’ chosen for National Award
- Project Jal Sanchay a water conservation model is successfully adopted in Nalanda district of south-central Bihar, chosen for the national award for excellence in the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme (MGNREGP) by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- As a result of the implementation of the project, availability of water got improved drastically impacted the farm production in the district.
- Nalanda being an agriculture-oriented district remained affected by drought-like conditions that hampered the farming activities in the district.