- 1 13th April 2017 Current Affairs – Today Latest News and Updates
- 1.1 Today 13th April 2017 Current Affairs – National
- 1.2 Latest Current Affairs 13th April 2017 – International
- 1.3 13th April 2017 Daily Current Affairs – Business and Economic News
- 1.3.1 ESAF Small Finance Bank launches social deposit scheme Hrudaya Deposit
- 1.3.2 Flipkart acquires eBay’s India biz to fight Amazon
- 1.3.3 Bank Accounts To Be Blocked If Not Self-Certified By April 30.
- 1.3.4 Co-branded prepaid card to be launched by Manappuram Finance with YES Bank
- 1.3.5 Rupee softens 11 paise in early trade
- 1.4 Latest 13th April 2017 Current Affairs – GK Updates
13th April 2017 Current Affairs – Today Latest News and Updates
April 2017 Current Affairs, Daily Quiz Questions, and Answers are available on this page. Candidates can collect the Current Affairs for April 2017, Basic GK Questions for India, World News. Check the General Knowledge (GK) and General Science (GS) Questions for UPSC, PSC, IBPS, RRB, Railway, CAT, and other examinations. Go through the below-given sections to check the 13th April 2017 Current Affairs and Daily GK Updates.
Today 13th April 2017 Current Affairs – National
“Nakshe” Portal launched by Dr. Harsh Vardhan on the 250th Anniversary of Survey of India
A new web portal nakshe” was launched by the Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan in New Delhi on the occasion of 250th anniversary of Survey of India(SoI).
Government sets up inter-ministerial panel to monitor UDAN
The Union Government has set up an ‘Inter- Ministerial Monitoring-cum-Coordination Committee’ to monitor the UDAN (Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik) scheme. UDAN is regional air connectivity scheme (RCS) which seeks to make flying affordable by connecting unserved and under-served airports.
CM Yogi Adityanath promises pothole-free roads, 24-hour power supply in second UP Cabinet meeting
The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet lead by CM Yogi Adityanath met on Tuesday for the second time within a week. The meeting was called to take vital decisions which according to its minister are people oriented and for welfare of the common man.
Latest Current Affairs 13th April 2017 – International
5.6-magnitude quake hits the Philippines
A 5.6-magnitude earthquake struck the center of Mindanao island in the Philippines on Wednesday, the U.S. Geological Survey. The quake, initially reported as a magnitude 6.0, struck at 5:21 a.m. on Wednesday (2121 GMT on Tuesday).
India, Georgia signed Joint Statement on Free Trade Agreement
India and Georgia signed a Joint Statement on the launching of the Joint Feasibility Study on the bilateral Free Trade Agreement. The agreement was signed after a meeting between the Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia Giorgi Gakharia and the Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Nirmala Sitharaman in New Delhi.
- Country: Georgia
- Capital: Tbilisi
- Currency: Georgian lari
- Official language: Georgian
- President: Giorgi Margvelashvili
- Prime Minister: Giorgi Kvirikashvili
13th April 2017 Daily Current Affairs – Business and Economic News
ESAF Small Finance Bank has launched a social deposit scheme called Hrudaya Deposit at a function held in Thrissur.
Flipkart acquires eBay’s India biz to fight Amazon
India’s largest e-commerce firm Flipkart has raised $1.4 billion led by China’s internet giant Tencent, with participation from the online auction site eBay and Microsoft, valuing the Bengaluru-based company at $11.6 billion, post the investment.
Bank Accounts To Be Blocked If Not Self-Certified By April 30.
Bank accounts opened between July 1, 2014 and August 31, 2015 need to submit self-certification by April 30 to comply with FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) provisions, without which the accounts would be blocked
Co-branded prepaid card to be launched by Manappuram Finance with YES Bank
In a bid to promote digital financial transactions, Manappuram Finance is planning to launch its own co-branded prepaid card in tie-up with YES Bank. The ‘Manappuram YES Bank Prepaid Money Card’ can be pre-loaded up to a maximum amount of Rs 50,000 and then be used to withdraw money from all ATMs.
Rupee softens 11 paise in early trade
The rupee shed 11 paise to 64.61 against the US dollar in early trade on Wednesday following fresh demand for the American currency from banks and importers.
Latest 13th April 2017 Current Affairs – GK Updates
- Colson Whitehead wins Pulitzer prize for The Underground Railroad
- National Hindi Sevi Samman Awards announced
- Vice President receives first copy of the book titled ‘Hope in a challenged democracy; An Indian narrative’ authored by Shri Ashwini Kumar
- Mukta Dutta Tomar replaces Gurjit Singh as India’s Ambassador to Germany
- Sakshi Malik moves up in World Wrestling rankings of 5th spot