- 1 Today 08th April 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.1 National Updates of 08th April 2017
- 1.2 08th April 2017 Current Affairs – International
- 1.3 Latest Business and Economy – 08th April 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.4 8th April 2017 – Daily Sports
- 1.5 Trending News – 08th April 2017 Current Affairs
Today 08th April 2017 Current Affairs
08th April 2017 Current Affairs, as well as General Knowledge Questions, have been updated on this page. This is the right place to get more knowledge also about the most recent happenings all over the world today. Therefore, In the present day, competitive examination minimum score will be gained in the current affairs. So it is very easy to get a good score from the Current Affairs in the Govt exams. Get Daily 08th April 2017 Current Affairs from this page. You can also get the 08th April 2017 Current Affairs as well as GK Quiz.
National Updates of 08th April 2017
Dr. Chirag Trivedi appointed President of Indian Society for Clinical Research
- The Indian Society for Clinical Research (ISCR), an association of clinical research professionals, has also announced the appointment of Dr. Chirag Trivedi as its President for the term 2017-19.
- Dr. Trivedi takes over the reins from Suneela Thatte who was President for two terms from 2013-2017
Union Cabinet approves Air Services Agreement between India and Georgia
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has also adopted the signing of the Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Georgia.
- The Agreement between the two countries based on latest International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) template keeping given developments in Civil Aviation sector
Cabinet approves closure of Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved closure of the Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana (MGPSY).
- It was set up in 2012 to address the social security-related issues of the Emigration Check Required (ECR)-category as well as workers going abroad for employment to ECR countries.
08th April 2017 Current Affairs – International
German cyber command becomes official military branch
The German military has officially inaugurated a 260-strong cyber command which will become a fifth branch of the Bundeswehr. Also Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen has officially inaugurated the newly-created Cyber as well as Information Space Command (CIR), making it the fifth branch of German military after the army, navy, air force and also medical service.
Cultural celebrations festival of IndiaUAE launched at Abu Dhabi
The India- United Arab Emirates (UAE) cultural celebrations festival was launched in Abu Dhabi with a tribute video featuring both Mahatma Gandhi as well as late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
SASEC Finance Ministers meeting in New Delhi
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley chaired the South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) Finance Ministers meeting in New Delhi. Therefore, It was attended by the Seven Finance Ministers and the Asian Development Bank as a supporting SASEC in this endeavor.
China plans to build new city nearly three times the size of New York
China has announced plans to build a new town, Xiongan New Area, an exclusive economic zone, in Hebei province to decongest its capital Beijing, as well as similar to those established in Shenzhen and Shanghai.
Latest Business and Economy – 08th April 2017 Current Affairs
Rajya Sabha passes GST bill without amendments
The Rajya Sabha passed the historic Goods and also Services Tax (GST) bill without any amendments. Therefore, Lok Sabha had passed four key GST Bills on March 29 while rejecting amendments moved by the opposition.
Tencent Passes Wells Fargo to Become 10th Biggest Company
Tencent Holdings Ltd., a Chinese Internet titan, best known for its WeChat messaging service and also gaming, has overtaken Wells Fargo Inc. Therefore, by market value, joining the likes of Apple Inc. and Alphabet Inc. in the ranks of the world’s biggest publicly traded companies.
Jio’s Summer Surprise offer not in sync with regulations: TRAI
Trai Chairman R S Sharma on Friday said the telecom regulator had advised Reliance Jio to stop ‘complimentary’ service offer as it was not by the regulatory framework.
It’s war between Ola and Uber
Bhavish Aggarwal, the Co-Founder of cab aggregator Ola, on Friday has described competition with the US-headquartered rival Uber as a “guerrilla war” situation with the American company “carpet bombing” as the local firm tries to defend its turf.
8th April 2017 – Daily Sports
India Rise To 101 In FIFA Rankings, Best-Ever Since 1996
The Indian football team achieved its best-ever FIFA ranking in over two decades as well as it jumped to 101 in the latest list released on Thursday. Therefore, it is the team’s best-ever ranking since May 1996.
IPL 2017: Brett Lee ‘Bumps Into’ Sachin Tendulkar, Becomes A Fanboy
Lee “bumped into” Tendulkar and former England batsman Kevin Pietersen and the result like most meetings nowadays with the batting legend Sachin Tendulkar, who is former Indian Premier League (IPL) rival.
Trending News – 08th April 2017 Current Affairs
- Meeting held between Donald Trump, Xi Jinping in Florida
- 4320 elementary schools in Assam evaluated on the 1st day of Gunotsav.
- Cultural celebrations festival of India-UAE launched at Abu Dhabi
- NASA spacewoman Peggy Whitson got three months extension in orbit
- NASSCOM appoints Raman Roy as new Chairman of for 2017-18
- Also, UP govt to set up 25 medical colleges, 6 AIIMS like institutes in next five years
- KSRTC to start service of essential public utility delivery.