- 1 Today 05th March 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.1 Latest 05th Current Affairs 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.2 Today 05th March 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.2.1 CMD of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited – P K Purwar
- 1.2.2 The Union government recently approved PG seats in medical colleges & hospitals over 4,000 in number
- 1.2.3 Narendra Modi, The Prime Minister of India addresses the International Yoga Festival at Rishikesh in Uttarakhand through a Video Conference
- 1.2.4 Govt asks all banks to have m-banking facility by March 31
- 1.2.5 India to attend Lahore meet on Indus Waters Treaty World Bank
- 1.3 Latest Current Affairs – Today 05th March 2017 Updates
- 1.4 Current Affairs of 05th March 2017 – News Today
Today 05th March 2017 Current Affairs
05th March 2017 Current Affairs: Check the 05th March 2017 Current Affairs from this article stated below. As a famous saying Practice makes Man Perfect, the more you practice, the more you gain knowledge on any aspect. Competitive exams are the only platform where field level play can be provided to the students. Get daily updates on GK question and answers, Current Affairs Quiz, and latest news. For now, practice 05th March 2017 Current Affairs Quiz and know your standard in General Awareness. Stay tuned to our web portal www.govrecruitment.com and practice daily quiz and check your IQ level.
Latest 05th Current Affairs 2017 Current Affairs
- According to the result of the recent survey, Kerala achieved the maximum number of enrollment and registrations under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime by comparing with other states of India.
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, the Union Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation has informed that 100 districts in India have become Open Defecation Free districts, making it a milestone achievement under the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The Finance Minister of Madhya Pradesh releases the State Budget 2017-18 and start the Deendayal Rasoi Yojna with a sum of 10 crores for the poor.
- JP Nadda, The Union Health Minister approves a new mission for treating Cataract people in India with 765 Crores.
- The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi addresses the International Yoga Festival at Rishikesh in Uttarakhand via Video Conferencing.
- The people of Eastern Ukraine uses Russian currency Ruble as their official currency along with Ukraine Hryvnia.
- India’s leading private banks HDFC, ICICI, Axis recently released a note to charge Rs 150 after 4 free transactions.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University situated in New Delhi honored with the ‘Visitor’s Award’ for the best University in the country.
- Geneva based (WTO) World Trade Organization has recently appointed JS Deepak as India’s next Ambassadar.
- UWW (United World Wrestling), the sports global governing body appointed Mr. Kripa Shankar Bishnoi, a former Indian wrestler as an International match referee.
Today 05th March 2017 Current Affairs
CMD of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited – P K Purwar
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet popularly known as ACC has recently approved the appointment of P K Purwar as the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) for five years. He is currently working as a Director in the Finance Department of MTNL which is a telecommunication service provider in Mumbai and New Delhi.
The Union government recently approved PG seats in medical colleges & hospitals over 4,000 in number
The Indian Union government has approved over 4,000 Post Graduate seats in medical colleges and hospitals across the country for the academic year 2017-18. At present, the total number of PG seats available in the country has grown up to over 35 thousand. This is done in a view to improving the medical education in India.
Narendra Modi, The Prime Minister of India addresses the International Yoga Festival at Rishikesh in Uttarakhand through a Video Conference
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed the International Yoga Festival in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand via Video Conferencing and voiced that to fight the issues related to stress and anxiety yoga is the best solution. By practicing yoga, our mind will be peaceful.
Govt asks all banks to have m-banking facility by March 31
Union Government has asked all banks to provide mobile banking facility to all customers by March 31, 2017. This is part of the government’s efforts to boost the digital payment system. Banks will run a nationwide campaign to ensure that every customer who has a mobile phone is enabled for mobile banking.
India to attend Lahore meet on Indus Waters Treaty World Bank
India has accepted an invitation to attend the next meeting of the Permanent Indus Commission (PIC) of the Indus Waters Treaty (IWT), to be held in Lahore in March 2017. The last round of the PIC was held in July 2016. This development came after two months of diplomatic negotiations, with World Bank officials playing mediator in encouraging Pakistan to extend the invitation and for India to accept.
Latest Current Affairs – Today 05th March 2017 Updates
HDFC, ICICI, Axis Banks, India’s leading private banks – to charge Rs 150 after 4 free transactions
After the ban of Rs. 1000 notes and Rs. 500 notes, many banks have changed their rules. Recently, HDFC, ICICI, Axis banks laid a rule to charge Rs 150 to their customers after performing 4 free transactions in a month.
New Delhi Jawaharlal Nehru University – nominated for ‘Visitor’s Award’ for the best University in the country
Jawaharlal Nehru University situated in the capital city of our country New Delhi was recently nominated for “Visitors Award” for Innovation and Research. The award includes the citation and a cash prize of Rs. 1 Lakh which will be given by the President of India.
India’s next Ambassador to World Trade Centre – Mr. J S Deepak
JS Deepak, The Union Telecom Secretary has been appointed as India’s next Ambassador to the World Trade Organization. He will take the charge from June 2017. Mr. Deepak is an IAS Officer of Uttar Pradesh (1982 batch). At present, he is an official visitor to the World Mobile Congress at Barcelona.
Current Affairs of 05th March 2017 – News Today
International match referee for UWW – Mr. Kripa Shankar Bishnoi
A former Indian wrestler, Kripa Shankar Bishnoi has been appointed by United World Wrestling (UWW) as an International match referee. After clearing the Referee courses Examination, the International Panel selected him.
An announcement of Retirement given by Australian cricketer Sarah Coyte
Sarah Coyte, Australian women cricketer has announced her retirement from the cricket due to health issues. The 25 years right-handed women cricketer was a member of Australia’s 2014 World T20-winning squad beating the England Team.