- 1 Today Current Affairs
- 1.1 Today Current Affairs – National Current Affairs
- 1.2 Modi inaugurates India’s first international stock exchange at Gift city
- 1.3 Science and Technology
- 1.4 Today Current Affairs – BUSINESS
Today Current Affairs
Today Current Affairs – National Current Affairs
Modi inaugurates India’s first international stock exchange at Gift city
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced India’s first international exchange-India INX- at International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) in Gujarat International Financial Tech City (GIFT) located in Gandhinagar
- Subsequently, treasury receipts and bonds would be offered once the required infrastructure for the same is in place.
- India International Exchange (INX), the wholly-owned subsidiary of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), through its global bourse, will start trading initially in equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives including Index and Stocks.
- India INX is one of the world’s most advanced technology platforms with a turn-around time of 4 micro seconds. It will operate for 22 hours a day to allow international investors and Non Residents Indians to trade from anywhere across the globe
Science and Technology
ISRO and CNES ink pact for satellite launch technology
- ISRO Chairman Kiran Kumar and CNES President Jean-Yves Le Gall signed a partnership agreement in satellite launch technology in the presence of visiting French Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Marc Ayrault in Bengaluru.
- Space cooperation between France and India spans over 50 years, this partnership will enable France to benefit from the Indian model of streamlining the costs of space programmes.
- Ayrault, accompanied by the French delegation, was given a guided tour of ISTRAC (ISRO Telemetry Tracking and Command Network) which monitors Indian space missions, including the two Indo-French satellites currently in orbit for collecting data to track climate change.
Today Current Affairs – BUSINESS
Lufthansa becomes first carrier to launch commercial operations with Airbus A350 to India
- German airline company Lufthansa has become the first carrier to launch commercial operations with Airbus A350 to India after it announced that the first flight to Delhi from Munich on this aircraft will be operated on February 11, 2017.
- The first flight will be launching Airbus A350 between Delhi and Munich on February 11, 2017.
Facebook to introduce ads in the middle of videos
Social media giant Facebook is planning to show ads in the middle of videos and share the revenue generated with the publishers — giving them 55% of the sales — media reported.
“The company is testing a new ‘mid-roll’ ad format which will give video publishers a chance to insert ads into their clips after people have watched them for at least 20 seconds,” Re/Code
Samsung heir Lee Jae-Yong embroiled in political scandal
Samsung heir Lee Jae-Yong has become a criminal suspect in a widening probe into the corruption and influence-peddling scandal engulfing impeached South Korean President Park Geun-Hye, prosecutors said today.
Lee, vice chairman of Samsung Electronics and the son of the Samsung Group chairman Lee Kun-Hee, would be quizzed as a “suspect” in connection to bribery, prosecutors said.
“We have decided to question Lee tomorrow morning… as a suspect,” Lee Kyu-Chul, spokesman for the team of special prosecutors investigating the scandal, told reporters.
IBM becomes first company to get 8,000 US patents in a year
- American technology company IBM has become the first company to receive more than 8,000 US patents in one year in 2016. With 8,088 patents.
- IBM was followed by Samsung and Canon with 5,518 and 3,665 patents respectively.
- Technology major Google received the fifth most number of patents at 2,835.
- IBM received an average of 22 patents per day last year.