Current Affairs Today
Current Affairs Today – 10 January 2017
All the candidates who are preparing for Competitive Examinations and for Latest Government Jobs Examination are must be aware of Day to day Current events. This page is purely designed for Current Affairs updates. Here you can get all Latest National and International Current Affairs. Check latest Current Affairs of today. We will come up with all national and International Events of every day. Check Current Affairs Today 10 January 2017.
World Hindi Day
The day is commemorated every year with the objective to promote use of Hindi language abroad. The First World Hindi Conference was organised in Nagpur, India on January 10, 2006, since then every year 10th January is being observed as the World Hindi Day.
National and International
- Vijayawada to host 1st Digi Dhan Mela in Andhra Pradesh
- 3-day National Conference for e-Governance to begin in Visakhapatnam
- Kerala Ranks 8 in 12 Destinations to Watch in 2017 by ABTA.
- Maharashtra govt comes up with amendment in Land Revenue Code
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways organises 28th Road Safety Week
International kite festival begins in Vadodara
International Kite Festival began at Surat and Rajkot in Gujarat. Kite-flyers from 31 countries set to participate, which will travel across the state before concluding at the Sabaramati riverfront in Ahmedabad on January 14.
- Other Name: Uttarayana, marks the advent of summer.
- Location: Vadodara, Bhavnagar, Ahmedabad city, Bhuj, Porbandar, Modhera and Khambhat cities
- Jointly organised by: Vadodara Municipal Corporation and GTCL.
- Participants: 70 kiting experts from China, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Italy, Brazil, Canada, New Zealand and Cambodia.
Government Approves Electronics cluster in Raipur
Government has approved the set up of fifth Greenfield electronics manufacturing cluster in Raipur, Chattisgarh worth Rs.89 crore and the central government will provide Rs.43.07 crore, for manufacturing mobile phones, solar LEDs and consumer electronics products.
- Department of Electronics and IT (Deity) has already given nod to 17 Greenfield EMCs and approved four EMCs which include two in Madhya Pradesh, one each in Rajasthan and Jharkhand.
- It has approved only one Brownfield EMC which is located in Mysore while given nod to three other brownfield EMCs.
Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry launches an online initiative to engage LPG consumers and citizens
Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas has begin an Online Initiative to interlock the LPG Consumers and Citizens of India. It is one of the many initiatives for celebrating 2016 as the Year of LPG Consumers.
- Objective: To provide efficient and citizen-friendly services in LPG distribution.
- Two online discussion forums have been launched and are available on myGov.in and mylpg.in for
- Citizen-Friendly Services Increasing
- LPG Coverage in the Country
Indian Army asked civilians to avoid wearing “Army-pattern” dresses and merchants to abstain from marketing combat clothes, as it issued fresh guidelines to the public to counter the terror attacks.
- The guidelines, to be develop across the country, come nearly a week after six terrorists infiltrated through the border and launched attack at the Air Force station in Pathankot, claiming the lives of seven security personnel